Wednesday 8 May 2013

WIP (Work In Progress) Wednesday


This is my first time joining everyone at Freshly Pieced for WIP, so hello! 



I haven’t been blogging long.  In fact, I think I have only done about 7 posts … don’t laugh!

I’m using blogging as a means of documenting my quilting and sewing projects.  Kind of like Nanna’s old recipe book – but for sewing and quilting instead.  I’m hoping that when my two girls grow up and (hopefully) find a similar passion for sewing that they can look back on all our blogged designs and gain some inspiration from us. Who knows, perhaps our quilts will be hip and retro by then? … if not, antique.  Are you still laughing at me?

I’ve been a bit slack lately at keeping up with my little projects, so I’m hoping that by posting about my WIP it will give me an incentive to get some sewing done and some much needed advice from you all from time to time.

So here we go!



I’ve been busy cutting into my layer cake of Posy by Aneela Hoey and my charm pack of Pastel Kona Solids by Robert Kaufman - both purchased from Sewing Box.

 


To make these


My plan is to put 4 squares together to make hugs



and kisses blocks.



I'm thinking of adding about a 1" sashing around each block then joining them all together to make a baby cot sized quilt.  Do you think I should go with a crisp white or soft grey for the sashing?

So back to it then … I want to show some progress next week!

Looking forward to popping over and seeing what the rest of you clever people are up too …

Linking up with WIP at Freshly Pieced.

Sx

17 comments:

  1. It's going to be a cute baby quilt! How about white sashing for maximum contrast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, I think you're right about the white :)

      Delete
  2. This will be a cute quilt. I'd say go with the white to make the blocks really pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerstin ... I think you're right with the white. I just keeping seeing this grey everywhere and second guess myself.

      Delete
  3. Love your hugs and kisses blocks using the retro posy/pastels! I think the white sashing will really pop the blocks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been much of a pastel girl, but I couldn't resist the fabric when I saw it. I hope I can do it some justice. Thanks for the tip on the white sashing.

      Delete
  4. I love such a simple block. its going to be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Amy ... it's a good starter block for me :)

      Delete
  5. I love the Posy fabric line. I am working on a quilt with it at the moment. I went with white in my quilt and it did make the pastel colours really pop. This is going to be a charming quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your Posy quilt ... have you blogged about it yet? I'll pop over and take a look.

      Delete
  6. white for a baby quilt will be so much more classic- I would go with that, and I love the hugs and kisses- I did a baby quilt where I quilted in hugs and kisses by way of feathered x's and o's- I love the idea of wrapping a baby in hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little bub that I'm making this quilt for is such a hugable and kissable (are those words?) baby. It will suit her perfectly. Thanks for the tip on the white sashing.

      Delete
  7. Yup I agree with white suggestion, the quilt is going to look awesome not to mention wrapping up a baby with special lovin is the best thing. :) Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I new how to do this when G was a little bub. It would have looked great in her cot. Nevermind, I'll just have to make her a big girls bed quilt instead :)

      Delete
  8. That will be a really cute quilt. i would love to see it with white sashing!
    Have fun and its nice to meet you. I signed up to follow your blog. I am a new blogger too!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I'll come over and visit your blog too, it's lovely to meet another newbie!

      Delete
  9. Looks like the blogging world has spoke. I shall use white for the sashing :) Thanks everyone and I hope to show you more progress next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...