Monday 27 May 2013

Triangle View


I'm a big fan of Saffron Craig’s organic fabric range, as I demonstrate probably a little too loudly, here!

Her new range Valley View is out and when I saw this triangle fabric ... it was love at first sight.



My package from Saffron arrived a little while ago with a hand written thank you postcard and simply packaged in a brown paper bag.



I've been looking for something a little different to make my youngest the Peplum Bubble Dress from Straight-Grain and am only just now feeling brave enough to cut into it …





The yellow fabric is for the lining and I picked it up at a Spotlight sale.

Now to pick up those scissors with steady hands ... better just procrastinate a little longer and make a cup of tea first!

Linking up with Finding Fifth for Sunday Stash.

9 comments:

  1. That first cut is always the hardest isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is ... to be honest, I still haven't made that first cut - lol!

      Delete
  2. That will make a great dress! Sometimes I have such a hard time envisioning how a fabric will look in clothing. The yellow lining is perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That is wonderful fabric. Can't wait to see the end result!
    Good luck!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think though you don't want to leave the pins in to long or they might leave holes. JK, I am a cutter procrastinator and sewing together procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Procrastinator....Mmmmm I can relate to that, but am moving towards motivation lol. As the end results is so rewarding xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, there's nothing like having a "finish" under your belt :)

      Delete
  6. Aw Saffron makes great designs and this will make a striking dress. Go ahead and cut, I say.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...