Monday 13 May 2013

Time To Get Organized

I was frantically searching through all my browser bookmarks today to show a friend a quilt pattern that I saw whilst casually flicking through the internet the other day.  


It was this one by the way ...

I’d like to make the quilt for her teenage daughter – not too cutesy (even though there's a baby on the cover of the pattern!) and very Coco Chanel.  

But I just couldn’t find the “#$%&” thing. There was only one thing for it.  It was time to get organized!


I’d heard of this “little” website where you can “Pin” pictures and links from other websites onto a virtual board to record your inspirations.  

Yes I’m talking about Pinterest!  I’ve been living in a cave – lol!

So I’ve signed up and I’ve starting pinning and emptying my browser bookmarks.  Ahh so refreshing to have a little tidy up, even if it is just the virtual house! 

To have a look at what’s inspiring me at the moment you can click on the Pinterest button on the top right-hand-side of this page.

Linking up with Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts today.  She’s hosting the Let’s Get Acquainted Monday Link Up Party. 



Thanks for the introduction Alyce, I’m looking forward to meeting others that link up too.

Sx

14 comments:

  1. Fun! I search for stuff all the time but I'm not to keen on pinterest. I only spy on few friends that like the same stuff. That way I don't have to do all the pinning, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a very clever plan to me! Working smarter and not harder :)

      Delete
  2. Pinterest is fab, I have wasted soooo many hours on it! Good luck with that quilt pattern, it's going to be lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I've already wasted hours, it's supposed to save me time lol!

      Delete
  3. That houdstooth looks very stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this pattern, looking forward to seeing your take on it. Pinterest is great for collecting ideas and inspiration all in one place..the thing is there's so much out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite looking forward to just doing some black and white - kind of like a palate cleanser, but you're right, I fully predict that I'll change it up somehow :)

      Delete
  5. I must admit I do most of my big clean ups when I can not find something. Nothing motivates more than the frustration of knowing you have something and not been able to find the darn thing. I did a huge clear out of my fabric last week because I knew I had the perfect backing fabric for a quilt... somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still quite new to all this quilting so my stash isn't too bad just yet ... famous last words??

      Delete
  6. I made that quilt! I didn't have the special ruler it calls for, but I made it work :) And I absolutely love it! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I'll pop over and see if I can find a pic of yours :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, I admire you for not having Pinterest already!! It is so addictive!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...